Sunday, September 11, 2011

Farmer's Market and 9/11

On Saturdays during the summer, Jeremy and I like to take the kids to the local Farmer's Market. It is very small, with just a few local farmers, but their produce is the best. There is a local minister that sets up his harmonica and guitar in the gazebo and plays music while the patrons shop. It's just a nice, little, small town atmosphere. So, Saturday we loaded up the kids and strolled the Farmer's Market. We got tomatoes, okra, squash and peas. All fresh and locally grown. I am so excited to cook these wonderful things for the family!
Here is just a quick shot of half of the Farmer's Market. I told you it wasn't very big :)
Here are my two precious children sitting and listening to the minister play his music. They loved running around and having a good time. The people enjoyed watching them too.

With today being 9/11, I can't help but think of where I was on this day 10 years ago. I was a sophomore at LU and was in an Evangelism class with Danny Lovett. I had just met Jeremy not even 2 months before. I remember sitting in class and Dr. Lovett coming in and telling us that a plane had crashed into one of the Twin Towers in NY. A few of the students in the 300+ class just up and left class. I later found out that they had family members who worked in those buildings. Dr. Lovett let us out of class at that point and I hurried back to my dorm. On the way, I called Jeremy to see where he was and if he was ok. He was at the gym on the treadmill and was watching the news at that very moment. That's really all I remember about that day, other than we didn't have anymore classes that day. We had a huge prayer service for all the people affected by the attacks. I pray that God will continue to bless those families who are still dealing with such a huge loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment